Remediate petroleum hydrocarbons fast with ETEC’s aerobic bioremediation solutions.
Natural attenuation is slow and unpredictable.
Microbes living in the subsurface will naturally degrade petroleum hydrocarbons via aerobic bioremediation. (Other contaminants can also be degraded via aerobic bioremediation, not just petroleum hydrocarbons.)
On its own, aerobic bioremediation can take decades. But meanwhile, concentrations fluctuate, the plume expands, and your monitoring costs increase.
Achieve your cleanup goals in less time
Speed up the degradation process with ETEC's aerobic bioremediation solution. It's a complete solution that optimizes conditions in the subsurface. It works in five ways:
- Ensure an abundant supply of nitrate (an electron acceptor)
- Provide nutrients to build microbial mass
- Add active cultures to jumpstart the microbial population
- Supply enzymes to increase the bioavailability of contaminants
- Circulate treatment water through the plume to ensure constant amendment exposure
Nutrients and nitrate
Most groundwater systems don't have optimal amounts of key nutrients and electron acceptors. You must add these compounds to maximize the degradation rate.
ETEC's Custom Blend Nutrients (CBN™) includes an ideal ratio of nutrients (nitrogen and phosphorus) for microbes to thrive. It also contains nitrate, a potent electron acceptor.
As a result, CBN fully supports microbes so they can break down organic compounds.
- Shipped in 50 lb bags
- Dry white granules
- 100% soluble
Microbes and enzymes
Some sites have an insufficient amount of microbes. At others, microbes may not fully contact the contaminants.
ETEC's PetroBac™ will jumpstart a healthy population of microbes and ensure they can access the contaminants.
PetroBac™ contains two components:
- The EZT-A2: TPH Bacterial Consortium jumpstarts a healthy hydrocarbon-degrading microbial population.
- The EZT-EA: Enzyme Accelerator is a biosurfactant that improves contact between water-based amendments and oil-based contaminants.
PetroBac ensures you have enough of the right microbes and makes the contaminants more bioavailable.
- Shipped in 5-gal containers
- Two-part liquid
- 100% soluble
The DO-IT™ System
Recirculate and oxygenate
Despite having an ideal microbial environment, certain sites will take a long time to achieve cleanup goals. Others will need repeated treatments.
Some examples are those with high contaminant concentrations or stringent regulatory levels. Or where amendments must travel far from an injection point to hard-to-reach contaminants.
ETEC's Dissolved Oxygen In Situ (DO-IT™) system overcomes these and other challenges.
How DO-IT™ helps
- Sustain contact between amendments and dissolved & adsorbed contaminants
- Enhance bioremediation through added oxygen - a strong electron acceptor
- Maintain ideal concentrations of amendments through constant dosing
- Reach inaccessible areas by inducing groundwater flow gradients
- Protect receptors and off-site areas by maintaining hydraulic control
- Circulate PetroSolve™ through the plume to emulsify free and adsorbed NAPL.
What DO-IT™ does:
- Extract groundwater and pump it into a treatment enclosure.
- Increase dissolved oxygen levels to over 40 parts per million (ppm)
- Add PetroBac and CBN in the ratios for optimal bioremediation
- Return the treatment water to the subsurface
Are you ready to reach your cleanup goals faster?
Speak with an engineer today.